Friday 28 March 2014

THE WORLD THAT ISN'T

Expectations are an illusion,
That fog the cruelty of reality
And when that illusion shatters
I feel disappointment burn a hole inside of me;
So I have learned to not expect, 
I have created my own reality
In a world distant, parallel to the one that is
Existing in the vast spans of my mind
The most sacred place in the world,
And I must not let anyone in
To taint my image of perfection, my mind
It is where I am king, 
It is where there can be no wrong
It is where perfection thrives
It is where reality dare not enter
It is where my mind is the most powerful
It is where I go when I escape reality
It is what I seek, yet it is what I cannot find;
Just watching it in my head fills me
With an uncontainable surge of joy;
But what use is sitting idly, refusing
To introduce perfection to reality
I must go out, and attempt to merge 
The perfection of my mind, with the reality of the world
For that is the power of my dream, my mind
And the world must see it;
Yes I dream with my eyes wide open
And they call me insane
But what do they know?
It’s the best time of my life
Waiting to meet reality...

2 comments:

  1. This is really good. You truly are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Means a lot to me. :)

      Delete