Sunday 1 June 2014

DARE TO DIFFER

I see there a large gathering
People with varying goals, and different souls
Yet they all stand together side by side
Not in an unshakable feeling of unity
But out of the fear of embracing their own selves
And now they must stand hand in hand
because it is the only way they know how
But I walk past them on my own road 
Showing no regard to their established paradigm
I was an outlaw to their law of the land
For when they lost hope, I dared to believe
For when they fell, I dared to rise
For when they fed me ideas, I dared to form mine
For when their ears could not grasp the music, I dared to dance
People restricted to thinking what they should, not what they want
And there existed not an agent of change
As they were transformed into puppets of the paradigm
I felt I now had a greater purpose to serve, for
It is when someone dares to differ,
That they dare to believe, and it is only then
That they dare to change, finally causing
Humanity to propel ahead with meaningful progress, with
Gaping mouths and applauding hands, and now they realize
That they need us, yet they fear us, for they cannot be us
And us is the might to dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment