Saturday 22 February 2014

A MILLION EYES

I softly go about my business yet look up at the surface to see
Those million belittling eyes staring back at me
They cruelly deride,they strive to find a mistake
Regardless of whatever I choose to undertake
I struggle to shun myself in this castle of glass
To attain shelter from those eyes seeming so crass
But these glass walls conceal nothing, and all does penetrate
Enter those heartless notions seeking to obliterate;
I must hide where no one shall find me but they are everywhere
Looking for a hiding ground I know not where
Solace cannot be found against an omnipresent adversary
Defeat is near yet I try to search for the contrary
Given up has my body in its cumbersome exertion to rise
Fallen have I at the feet of those million eyes
I feel dead, for I am a feeble man putting up a face so brave
Lost the will to persevere knowing that peace must lie in my grave


No comments:

Post a Comment