Sunday 30 June 2013

THE BOY FROM HELL


I drew breath in a world where they only listened to the big ones
I tried to find might in my voice but it could never penetrate
My body stood unable to find the strength to stand up to those tormentors
I had to grow up in the darkness cast by their daunting shadows
Shunned into an unwelcoming part of the world
It was darkness that engulfed me in a cocoon, moulded me
And it was that darkness, that motivated me to turn on the lights
There was nothing left to dissipate in my abyss
Somehow, it was my misery that strengthened my foundation
It was that inhuman feeling of despair that burned the fire of vengeance in me
The ball now lay firmly in my court to smack onto the other side
My land was already barren, anguish had hit rockbottom 
I rose from the chasm determined to make my voice heard
Anything or anyone that stood in the way would feel the fury straight from devil's home
The little boy who feared the world was now prepared to conquer it
The hole they had dug for me had just spit out the monster that they were to see

1 comment: