Thursday 4 June 2015

THE UNFORGIVING ROAD TO GLORY

Each day, everyday, I suffer endlessly
to quench the unforgiving thirst,
of the merciless purpose, the goal of my life.
It burns the insides of my heart
with a furious passion, a lustful desire
that destroys me, and builds me
it renders me powerless
yet somehow has become all i want 
is that goal worth achieving?
i know not, but i shall stop not
until i conquer it because it is all i have known
and everything else just falls apart in front of it.
in a sea of meaningless things, 
the only sound of reason emanates
from that purpose, and it shows before it
a path engulfed with daunting flames, 
a road burning with glory.
It deprives me of an easy life
but it also reminds me that the easy life
is not worth living if it doesn’t end emphatically
at the top of the world, where i belong
and hell, i will destroy myself everyday if that means
my fallen body lies at the threshold
of the final destination, maybe breathless,
maybe lifeless, but, proud and glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment