Tuesday 14 October 2014

THE MIRAGE?

She must have come from a land distant
a mirage maybe, too good to be real
the most beautiful thing I had laid my eyes on
but she was not a fragment of my imagination
as the holes in her soul proved her human
To me, she was perfect in all her imperfect ways
her skin gleamed tantalizingly like nothing I had seen 
somehow, her flaws made her ridiculously flawless
and when I breathed her in, even the demons within me
longed to replace chaos with eternal tranquility
when she spoke with that enchanting voice of hers
it felt like the most melodic song my ears were treated to
when she wrapped her arms around me, the mere touch of
her caressing hands made me draw a blank
to all hateful presence in my heart
oh, how I yearned to lose myself within the depths of her eyes
and find myself again, staring in awe
at that embodiment of imperfect perfection
I didn’t want to fall in love with her
for falling represented an ill timed accident
this lady was no accident, for she was destiny
And I chose to guide myself into love, within all my senses,
To hold her hand, and spend the rest of my days
buried in her heart, embedded in her mind, etched in her soul


No comments:

Post a Comment